Everything you need: unbiased reviews, product specs and great deals.
Wine Country Gift Baskets
Jan 1, 2006
Jan 1, 2006
Horrible Company - Do Not Use!
Stay away from this company. This is the worst vendor that I have ever dealt with regarding gift baskets. I am in charge of sending gift baskets to our clients so I have had a lot of experience dealing with gift basket companies. Wine Country Gift Baskets (aka.Houdini Inc.) managed to mess up every step of this 24 basket order.
1. The online system did not correctly enter the personal gift message.
2. The online system sent me two confirmations, one with the correct costs the second had higher charges.
3. When I called to confirm the two different charges I found out that the personal message was incorrect. Supposedly the correct charges were then billed to my credit card.
4. The one basket that was to be shipped ASAP was on backorder, no one called or emailed me to let me know about this.
5. The rest of the baskets shipped a week earlier than I had requested.
6. When I called to find out why the rush order basket did not have a tracking number, I was told they were on backorder. There were a total of four baskets on backorder. The representative that I spoke with was nice enough but she totally messed up the shipping credit that I was supposed to receive and managed to charge my credit card for another basket.
7. Later when I checked my credit card statement I found that I had been overcharged for my original order along with the extra basket. I was assured that this would be taken care of. Six calls and four faxes later (at an average of 20 minutes per call) this has still not been taken care of. Even though I finally received an email with the correct credit amount the credit was never applied to my credit card. After calling again I received a call back that stated they would credit my account but it was $50.00 less than the original credit amount that had been emailed to me.
I finally put a complaint in with my credit card company and they are dealing with this. It's really sad that I have been trying to clear this mess up since the beginning of December. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this disreputable company!